We are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand).
What We Collect from You
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. For example, we may collect personal information from you if you choose to create an account with us, complete an online survey or feedback form, sign up to receive communications from us, email us or contact us by other means.
We may ask you to provide personal information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number), age, gender, and information about your interests. We will also collect or generate information about your transaction history and interaction with the Site, including login times and duration of time spent on the Site.
On some occasions, you may be able to visit and use our Site anonymously or deal with us by pseudonym. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you seek. For example, we will be unable to register your account on our Site and you will not be permitted to participate in any challenges.
How We Collect Other Information
PUD automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies.
A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Site upon return. The cookies do not contain personal information but allow us to monitor and analyse website traffic, such as how often you visit the Site and enables us to store your preferences is using and viewing the Site.
Most web browsers accept automatically cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent the use of, or remove, cookies. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you choose to do so. Cookies may also be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site.
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms like social media, marketing or ad firms. The information we collect may include your username and connection services, age range, gender, interests, advertisement interaction and viewing data and unique identifiers like a mobile number. We may combine this non-personal information with personal information, and will treat the combined information as personal information.
PUD may use Google Analytics or other similar services to collect aggregate and non-personal information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). This information may include IP addresses, log file information and the browser and operating system you are using.
Children and Privacy
This Site is intended for persons who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you are not permitted to use the Site. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
Use of Collected Personal Information
We may use any of the information we collect from you to provide you with our services, respond to you, provide customer service and improve the Site and our products and services, including:
- assist you in registering for an account on our Site and managing that account;
- alert you to and keep you informed about new features, products, events, or services we offer or invite you to participate in competitions, promotions or surveys we may conduct;
- process and respond to your questions, request or feedback;
- contact you about your account or profile, for example, by sending a welcome email to confirm registration;
- improve and customize the Site
- create marketing plans and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- enforce the Terms and Conditions of the Site;
- monitor, track and analyse website traffic and usage;
- for our internal businesses purposes, such as business management or accounting purposes;
- for any other purposes required for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for any other reason you provided the information.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials, such as information about promotions or offers we may be conducting or other offers from our affiliates and marketing partners that we think may be of interest of you. If you do not wish to receive these marketing communications you can opt out by following the instructions set out below.
Opting-Out of Communications
You may opt-out of receiving future communications from us. You may change your preferences at any time by logging into your account profile on the Site and un-checking the boxes for opt-in and marketing communications. You may also click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any emails you receive from us and follow the instructions provided.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
PUD may disclose the personal information it collects about you to third parties, including (but not limited to):
- our related entities and associates;
- our service providers, sponsors, suppliers, vendors and others who help PUD manage and provide the Site and our services to you, for example, website hosting services and payment processors;
- third parties who assist PUD in the distribution of marketing materials and email updates about the Site and our services, for example, mailing houses;
- our affiliates and to merchants, licensors, activity and event partners and sponsors, and other third parties for their own marketing purposes, such as to provide information to you about their new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, promotions and sweepstakes activities, and other important information (unless you have indicated to us that you wish to opt out of receiving these communications);
- third parties to provide Site and information analytics or to confirm or update information provided by you;
- third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of PUD business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings); or
- as otherwise authorised by you.
We may also disclose your personal information, including to government bodies or agencies, law enforcement bodies or courts of law or other regulatory authorities:
- in response to a subpoena, legal order or official request;
- when we believe you have acted in violation of the Terms of Service;
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, including, without limitation, in relation to
- the integrity of any sport event;
- to exercise legal rights or defend against claims, for example in relation to intellectual property infringement;
- or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We also may use, disclose or sell non-personal information with third parties. Additionally, we may take personal information and de-identify it and share it or sell it in a de-identified or aggregated form with advertisers, business partners, and/or third parties in order: to analyse usage of the Site services on or related to the Site or others’ sites; improve our services; improve our user experience; or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
If you elect to participate in any promotions, surveys, questionnaires, or other events during your visit to the Site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your personal information will be shared with third parties with your consent. Please review the applicable rules or terms and conditions for any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or events.
Third Party Links
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
PUD takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose about you is accurate and complete. However, we rely on the accuracy and quality of the information you provide to us and you are responsible for keeping your information current.
You have a right to access, or seek the correction of, your personal information. However, there are some exceptions specified by law, where we may refuse your request. If one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to do so.
You may make a request for access or the correction of your personal information by contacting us at [email protected] and providing us with details of your request. You may also update your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and editing your profile page.
Once we receive your request, we will endeavour to respond to your request for access and/or correction within a reasonable period and we will use reasonable efforts to process any changes you wish to make, provided, that any requests to delete information are subject to PUD internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
PUD uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the unauthorised use, access or disclosure or the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. For example, we use SSL to encrypt data we received from you and we also set up firewalls.
However, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of PUD to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither PUD nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Communication with Other People and Sharing of Personal Information
If you elect to communicate with other people through the site, you accept that you will be sharing personal information including your full name and username. Communication on the site is carried out in several ways including sending invitation emails, accepting and sending friends requests.
If you do not wish to share your personal information do not communicate with other people through this site.
If you have any concerns that your personal information may be compromised or to make a complaint about the treatment of your personal information through the Site, please contact us on [email protected], setting out your privacy complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint. If after receiving our response, you still believe your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, take your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
If you have any other questions or comments about our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected]